Department: PU CANTON
Production Unit Canton is responsible for the timely execution of orders according to customer specifications and planning. The main activities of the Operational Purchaser that contribute to PU Canton are:
• Material Planning
• Cost and margin management
Another important task for this department is the continuous improvement of business processes for increasingly efficient execution of the order flow.
Job title: Operational Purchaser
Purpose of the function
This function includes two important goals for the material supply * within the manufacturing and service location PU CANTON:
• Availability of material: You ensure the timely availability of the required material in accordance with procurement, conditions and specifications ensuring optimal performance of the business is guaranteed
• Cost-effective business processes to maintain, manage and are continuously working on the optimization of business processes for cost-effective implementation of the supply,
Execution of this function is for the process from the placement / polling material to the authorized revenue of orders.
• Timely order / call off the required materials according to the agreed specifications for purchase and implementation of business
• Ensure timely and sufficient availability of the required materials and timely intervention as the production and stock locations are hampered by a shortage in carrying out their tasks
• Control delivery and purchase order confirmation checks of materials ordered
• Initiate, guide and finalize procedures disapproval if the received materials do not meet the agreed purchase and / or specifications
• Guiding and advising colleagues in the execution of orders / demand processes
• To analyze, formulate and implement improvement plans for more efficient implementation of business processes surrounding the material supply
• The updating of master data in the ERP system with purchase prices and supplier data
• Create periodic management reports for the department that provide insight into the quality of the material supply
• The maintenance and management of the (pipeline) stock between the different production and stock locations
• Can be used to deliver other activities in the business office and new input to further optimize business processes (rotate)
• Maintaining contacts with suppliers
• The preparation and maintenance of maintenance suppliers
• Drafting, reviewing and following up requests for quotations from suppliers
• Internal Project
• Take on work in the absence of colleagues
• Material requirements realized and delivered in accordance with the purchase and specifications
• Current master data achieved
• Order administration realized
• Complaints realized in improper delivery
• Achieve the desired pipeline stock
• Addressing colleagues if it appears that the order documents do not meet the desired requirements or that the order follow-up not going according to plan
• Solutions and improvement proposals for a more efficient order intake beyond their own job
• Replaces colleagues at ASU Canton as needed.
Place in the organization
Direct supervisor: OMD Manager
Contacts: with colleagues and suppliers in the US and abroad
• In possession of an Associate’s degree or higher in Business Administration (or relevant work history), Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
• NEVI MIL possibly with NEVI 1
Minimum 5 years experience as a buyer / planner material in mechanical engineering or similar functions. Engineering background is a plus.
• Good command of English spoken and written.
• Possess good negotiation skills
• Commercial establishment i.c.m. cost consciousness
• Knowledge and experience with automation systems such as MS Office and ERP
• Possess commercial, financial, logistical and legal insight
• Systematic, independent and able to work in teams
• Ability to set priorities
Working with others to achieve common organizational goals, sharing information with others, support others. Think and act from common interests with mutual respect. Oral communication is through listening, summarizing, questioning and giving feedback.
Fits easily on their own behavior; is able and willing to adapt to changing demands and circumstances, is open to new ideas. Approaches problems as opportunities for improvement
Recognizing the wishes, needs and interests of both internal and external customers and act. Empathize with client situations, thinking in customer interests and convert them into business. Sees colleagues as clients.
Seek more responsibility and personal challenge. Shows an enthusiastic attitude and a good bet. Carries its own initiative ideas or solutions. Imagine old ways of working and if there are new insights.
Shows behavior that testifies to setting high standards for his own work and that of others. Works accurate and makes few mistakes. Committed to continuous improvement and to safeguard the quality and responds immediately if the quality is below par.
• Planning and organizing
• Communication and social skills
• Organizational Awareness
• Team Builder
• Decide Proficient / priorities set
• Judgment shaped
• Quality Focused
Are you a self-starter and looking for an exciting new opportunity? Apply today!