Team Leader New Product Development
The Product Engineering (PE) Department is part of sector Technology. It’s responsible for carrying out detailed engineering. Through the process of detailed engineering, systems and parts are defined, validated, and documented to the detail needed for industrial manufacturing, use, and maintenance. Special emphasis is placed on designing for machine safety, operational reliability, maintainability, manufacturability, and cost efficiency, while preserving a (basic) design’s functional and performance properties.
A first aspect of the Product Engineering (PE) Department is the development of new product solutions. A second aspect of the PE team is to maintain the current product portfolio. The New Product Development (NPD) team will focus on the detailed engineering commissioned by Innovation Sub-Chains (ISKs), resulting in the creation of new parts/assemblies in ERP, including respective BOMs, component drawings, assembly drawings, and project documentation. The NPD team will take an active role in supporting the realization chain by providing new product solutions for non-standard products for which the detailed design is not (yet) ready.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Team Leader NPD is responsible for day-to-day management of the NPD team (7-10 FTE). He/she will organize-, monitor-, and supervise the work of the NPD team, and provide guidance, instruction, training, and leadership to its team members. He/she will support the Manager PE, those responsible for ISKs, and Project Managers c.q. Lead Engineers on planning during the Innovation-Chain planning phase and during execution stage. He/She will partake in (joint) Order Acceptance Checks (OACs) with Sales & Operations and is responsible for impact determination and resource commitment for the detailed engineering of non-standard products. He/she will make sure team output is delivered within agreed tolerances, processes, and AmbaFlex standards. When this is not the case, he/she should correct and/or escalate problems effectively. The Team Leader NPD will build and maintain (capacity) planning tools and establish a collaborative and successful work environment for team members.
- Set clear team goals & expectations
- Support the Manager PE, and internal stakeholders on Scope of Work determination
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Maintain overview of deadlines & team capacity
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Ensure on-time delivery & quality of team outputs
- Use 3D design and PDM tools in accordance with AmbaFlex standards
- Create detailed design drawings in accordance with AmbaFlex standards
- Listen to team and resolve issues or conflicts
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Provide feedback and performance reviews to encourage future growth
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking
- Suggest and organize team building activities
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 4-5 years relevant work experience
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- Professional working proficiency in English and Dutch
- In-depth knowledge of sector technology and processes
- Past use of Agile/Scrum or similar collaborative tools is a pre
- Experience using computer-aided design (CAD) platforms and finite element method (FEM)
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- A successful, professional, and growing organisation
- An international and informal organization with a collaborative working atmosphere
- Excellent benefit packages including bonus package
- More information about AmbaFlex can be found on our website www.ambaflex.com
This is a great opportunity for a professional who’s willing to take the next step.
Does this position appeal to you and are you convinced that you and AmbaFlex are a perfect match? Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please call or send an e-mail to Arjen Mol of the recruitment department: email@example.com – telephone number +31 6 8206 2488.
An online assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
Brand New Positions require strong performers to succeed! Are you up for the challenge?