Team Leader Product Engineering Romania
AmbaFlex is a Dutch company and global market leader in spiral conveyor solutions. We achieved this leading position by offering a unique product, by putting the customer first and by focusing on quality and innovation. You will find our machines at almost all manufacturers of FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods like Heineken, Coca Cola, Unilever, etc.) and at distribution centres for major e-commerce companies.
We operate from our sales offices in Shanghai (China), Zwaag (head office, the Netherlands) and Dallas, (Texas, USA) and we have our own production sites in Jucu (Romania), Kunshan (China), Zwaag (the Netherlands) and Canton (Ohio, USA). With operating 4 production sites we can fulfil the global market needs.
ABOUT YOUR TEAM
As an expansion of AmbaFlex Global Product Engineering, we are looking to set up an Engineering Team in Jucu, Romania. This team will initially carry-out routine, entry-level engineering tasks, with perspective of becoming an all-purpose engineering centre.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Team Leader PE will work with the Manager PE (situated in the Netherlands) and the local HR organization to build his team and to set-up the local office. To make sure you'll mesh well, you will be invited to join the team in the Netherlands for onboarding and training.
You will organize-, monitor-, and supervise the work of your team, and provide guidance, instruction, training and leadership to your team members. You will make a continuous effort to improve the quality of technical solutions and documentation.
- Set clear team goals
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Oversee day-to-day operation
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Motivate team members
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking
- Suggest and organize team building activities
The right candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset and is self-supporting. As a team leader, you will be the contact point for all team members, so your communication skills should be excellent. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and foster effective collaboration. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail will be important to meet Ambaflex's global standards, quality requirements, and deadlines.
Also important are:
- Confidence and skilful negotiating skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
- Flexible thinking, including the ability to pivot and try new approaches when faced with challenges
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 4-5 years relevant work experience
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- Professional working proficiency in English and Romanian
- In-depth knowledge of sector technology and processes
- Past use of Agile/Scrum or similar collaborative tools is a pre
- Experience using computer-aided design (CAD) platforms and finite element method (FEM)
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
International environment with an informal and friendly working atmosphere
A strong, professional and growing organisation
A highly varied job with potential and immediate prospects of success
Excellent benefit packages including bonus package
More information about AmbaFlex can be found on our website www.ambaflex.com
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, internationally minded candidate that wants to work independently while operating within a Global company.
Does this position appeal to you and are you convinced that you and AmbaFlex are a perfect match? Please submit your CV to email@example.com or email our HR Business Partner Cristina Murariu via firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you looking forward to build a strong team of specialsts?