The Warehouse department is responsible for the receiving and quality checks of incoming goods. It is also responsible for the pre-picking of required parts for the Assembly and Construction departments as well as the replenishment of consumables in both departments. Furthermore, the warehouse department is responsible for the shipping of finished spirals to customers. The warehouse is also responsible for the accurate and timely completion of spare parts orders daily.
As Warehouse Supervisor, you coordinate and monitor the progress of the work of the warehouse department. You are responsible for the safety, quality, efficiencies, and cost of all production employees within the Warehouse Department. You are also responsible for the administrative work in regard to inventory management and other tasks with Epicor.
· work in cooperation with the production supervisors to meet company goals and objectives.
· actively communicate with the production supervisors on both shifts.
· work in cooperation with the Spares department to ensure the timely completion of spares orders.
· generates improvement proposals to the Vice President to reduce costs and lead times, reduce rejections / distortions and improve the functionality of the production (processes).
· taking care of the inventory of the mounting hardware and the consumables.
· monitoring inventory levels in cooperation with the purchasing department.
· actively participate to the product and process development
· think and act customer orientated.
· work according to the standards and values of the company regulations.
· monitoring and fulfilment of the order planning of the warehouse department.
· accepting assignments, including drawings and other written / verbal information and checks on feasibility for the production employees.
· handing out assignments, provide support and give instructions to the warehouse employees.
· divide or adjust the available or required capacity based on the planning.
· actively participate in planning and staff meetings.
· checking the daily timesheets of the employees.
· track all part shortages and communicate via shared spreadsheets.
· collaborate with the shipment coordinator for all incoming and outgoing shipments
· responsible for the quality and timeliness of the final product.
· responsible for the cleanliness and safety at the workshop and performance of the work according to the quality, health, safety and environmental regulations as well as 5S.
· responsible for safe, responsible use and daily maintenance of the provided machines and tools
· responsible for the coordination of the daily activities and the progress monitoring.
· responsible for opening and closing of the department.
· responsible for constant review of processes and layout of the warehouse and providing ideas for continuous improvement.
Place in the organization
Direct supervisor: Vice President
Associate degree preferred in Business Administration or engineering field.
· minimum work experience of 5 years in a similar position in a technical environment
· experience in managing, motivating and supervising of the technical staff at various levels
Works with others to achieve team goals, shares information with others, supports others. Think and act from common interest and with mutual respect. Verbal communication is done through listening, summarizing, questioning and giving feedback.
Adapts own behavior easily; is able and willing to adjust to changing demands and circumstances, is open to new ideas. Approaches problems as opportunities for improvement.
Is open to possibilities for improvement of issues and procedures. Think and act innovative; see opportunities for innovation of work methods and procedures.
Recognizing wishes, needs and interests of both internal as external customers and act accordingly. Empathize with customers situations, thinking in customer interests and convert them into actions. Sees colleagues as customers.
Searches for more responsibility and personal challenge. Shows an enthusiastic attitude and shows good posture. Contributes its own initiative ideas and solutions. Re-adjusts old work methods if there a new insights.
Shows behavior that attests to setting high standards for their own work and that of others. Work accurately and makes few mistakes. Committed to continuous improvements and to ensuring the quality and reacts immediately when quality is below standard.
Personal required skills
Organize personal work
Show feeling for space and direction, have technical ability and spatial imagination.
Collect all relevant information, the correct and sufficient amount of equipment, tools and materials. Responsible for the cleanliness and safety at the workplace. Disposal of waste materials (separated), leftover materials, tools and equipment. Use the available machinery and tools efficiently.
Identify deviations and bottlenecks (before start) in the assignments. Coordinates the approach of work with the dayshift superivsors Helps colleagues by giving explanations and supplementary information and coordinates approach of work with them.
Follow instructions and procedures
Follow instructions, work according the safety regulations and prescribes procedures.
Performs tasks and tests according assignment / technical specifications and technical drawings, given instructions of day shift supervisor and according to the quality, health, safety and environmental regulations.
Performs final inspection according assignment / technical specifications and technical drawings, given instructions of supervisor and according to the quality, health, safety and environmental regulations. Fills in all required final inspection forms according to regulations.
Desire and ability to continue to grow for the benefit of a broad and continued employability.
Searches actively for learning situations and convert learning points into actions. Is not stuck in mind-sets, is open to new developments in their field; integrates new knowledge in existing, uses experiences and talents of others for their own developments and accomplishments, convert learning points into actions; applying insights and knowledge into practice; trying to push boundaries; accepting challenges.
Are you a self motivated leader? Apply today!