Manager Product Engineering
AmbaFlex is a Dutch company and global market leader in spiral conveyor solutions. We achieved this leading position by offering a unique product, by putting the customer first and by focusing on quality and innovation. You will find our machines at manufacturers of FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) including Kraft/Heinz, Heineken, Coca Cola, Unilever, Nestle but also at the distribution centres Amazon.com.
We operate from our sales offices in Shanghai (China), Zwaag (head office, the Netherlands) and Dallas, (Texas, USA) and we have our own production sites in Jucu (Romania), Kunshan (China), Zwaag (the Netherlands) and Canton (Ohio, USA). With operating 4 production sites we can fulfil the global market needs.
Working within a global leader in Spiral Solutions? Our Manager Product Engineering makes innovations ready to be sold and produced worldwide. You make it happen!
The Product Engineering team is responsible for handling innovations and makes sure that they are ready to be sold to customers and can be manufactured. Therefore, they work closely with other departments: R&D, hands on development, production. Business Development is the main supplier of the input of the department. All innovations are produced on site in Zwaag on the same location. The Manager Product Engineering is responsible for timely handover to other departments and quality of the output, which includes technical drawings, bill of materials and manuals. He/she manages a team of 10 engineers and reports to the Director Technology, one of the founders of AmbaFlex.
Key activities include:
- Responsible for delivering products with a high reliability, and optimal economic design.
- Enhance the level of input and output of the department by working closely with colleagues from other departments.
- Manage the processes of the department.
- Manage expectations of internal supply and demand.
- Responsible for delivery according to AmbaFlex guidelines and safety requirements.
- Cost reduction in project development by automate or outsource activities.
- Guide, inspire and motivate the team. Reaches results by combining individual talents and talents.
- Develop, implement and maintain quality procedures and protocols.
- Bachelor or master's level in Engineering or related field.
- At least two years of experience leading a team in Engineering.
- Strong communicator on all levels in a multilevel international environment.
- Good leadership skills in guiding and coaching.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both orally and in writing.
- PC skills; CAD systems, PDM ERP, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Good projectmanagement skills
- Hands on attitude with good focus on priorities and costs.
- Problem solver that can view tasks from different perspectives (technical, commercial, financial, logistics).
Our recruitment partner Boele is responsible for the recruitment process. They will get in touch with you after applying for this position.
Working from conceptual design to detailed default with a team of specialized engineers! Does this feeds your curiousity?